Monday, November 01, 2004

I got a LOT accomplished yesterday! Oh sure, I did laundry, washed dishes, vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the cat box, took out the trash, and boring things like that. But even better, I got lots of FIBERY things accomplished yesterday!

1) I finished the back of the red sweater. Yay! The largest portions of boring stockinette are done.

2) I spun for three hours while Emma napped/played. First I transferred the contents of the bobbin I had been working on to another bobbin. This makes plying much easier. Then I started spinning singles on an empty bobbin. I plan on weighing the full bobbin to see how much is there, the weigh the (mostly) empty bobbin and weigh out fiber to match the weight of the full bobbin. See how consistent my spinning is (i.e. do the two bobbins come out remotely close to even when plying.)

3) Started and finished this dishcloth. It's a circular cloth with a pretty diamond-lacy edge. I modified the pattern in that I added 7 stitches to the cast-on and and therefore an extra lace repeat per section. This was done to make the diameter larger.

Nothing like a productive day!

I would also like to take this opportunity to say that Emma is the smartest one-year-old I have ever met. She really understands us and can follow directions quite well. I had lots of examples of this yesterday, as we spent the whole day together. She could go get things when I asked where they were and she put thing back when I asked her. While she has been doing this to some extent for a while, she's really good at it now! One time I asked her where her other slipper was (because I had no clue where she'd carried it off to) and she trotted off to the bedroom and fetched it! She must have taken it there probably an hour or so before, and still managed to remember where it was. I think she's doing better than I am....

She also discovered that if she steps on the seat of her little chair, then on the arm, and then on the backrest, she can reach high enough to climb into her highchair by herself. Now I'm all for exploration, but when I go to use the bathroom and come out to see little Emma standing on her highchair, clapping, I get a little freaked out! It's three feet off the ground!!! At least it's a very stable chair.

1 comment:

waterlilysage said...

ha! wee pirate rockclimber...!