Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Chevron Shawl pattern is finally ready for it's debut! Remember this project from January 2006?



Handspun and handknit, I really enjoyed making it. I wear it quite a bit, and love it. Lacy enough to be pretty, sturdy enough to be practical. I finally got around to doing the final edits on the writeup, and am pleased (and a little scared) to offer my first pattern for sale.

It requires 950 yards of sportweight yarn (about 15 wpi) and is knit on US5 needles. I used handspun, but any DK to sportweight yarn that gives about 5 stitches and 7 rows to the inch would work fine since fit is not much of an issue with a shawl. This is a fairly straightforward pattern, and I think it would be a good introduction to lacy knitting. Techniques used include reading a chart, provisional cast-on, knit-on edging and i-cord. After blocking, it measures 80" x 40".

5 pages, 307 KB Adobe PDF file, available for immediate download after payment.

(Note: Ravelry membership not required for purchase.)



The Chevron Shawl
$4.95

7 comments:

Cathy said...

nnnnniiiiicccccee!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am not getting any pictures! Any clue why? Could you send me a pic? Thanks!

Sue said...

Kate/Massachusetts- Blogger doesn't include commenters' email addresses when they send me the comments. If you send me a direct email (address at the bottom of my sidebar), I'd be glad to email you the pictures. Not sure why you can't see them, maybe try refreshing the screen or use another browser. I tried Firefox and Explorer, and they showed up fine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! I just tried again and the pictures came up just fine! I don't know why that happens to me but it isn't the first time! The shawl is lovely!

Suz said...

That shawl is absolutely gorgeous!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous! Wish I was a lace knitter.