Friday, June 10, 2005

I've been busily recovering from the strep, and don't have a sore throat at all anymore. Hooray! People just don't fully appreciate the absence of pain in their day-to-day lives. When my throat was sore, it was all I could think about, and I was conscious of each and every time I swallowed. Actually, swallowing was an act of will. Now that I'm better, I hardly notice I even have a throat. Being sick makes me profoundly respectful of people who are dealing with persistant pain, whether it's due to illness, injury, or whatever.

And, in case anyone who is in pain right now is reading this, here are a couple pictures to make you giggle and take your mind off it.

The first is my cat, Naia, and the pose he spent the better part of three hours in a few days ago. I wanted to take a picture, but at first was afraid to stop spinning and get up for the camera, lest he move and spoil the shot. After half an hour of non-movement on his part (though I could tell that he was breathing), I decided to try. He didn't twitch a muscle, even when the flash went off.


And this is the lovely Emma, proving that she will be a fiber-junkie too. After her bath, while I was trying to get her to her room for diaper and jammies, she raced out to the living room, dropped her towel on the floor and climbed up on the coffee table to play with the ball-winder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute baby photo. That sounds like something my daughter would do.

CrazyFiberLady said...

Very cute picture of Emma. That's definitely something one of my kids would do except they don't know about the ball winder yet. I guess I should pull it out and let them go to town. Maybe it would keep them away from the wheel.

Glad you're feeling better!