Thursday, April 27, 2006

Another day, another hat. I made this one up as I went along, too.



I like how the intarsia ribs spiral along the decrease lines.



I did this hat with the decrease stitch and the one preceeding it in the green yarn. However, if I make another of these, I'll do it with the decrease stitch and the one following it. The white yarn tended to show through the decrease.

The top doesn't quite lay flat like the last one did, because there are only eight decrease points and also the contrasting ribs tend to pull in a bit. I used a separate strand of yarn for each rib, but because they are two stitches wide and this is knit in the round the rib wanted to act like i-cord. Which is actually a neat idea, and deserves some experimenting to develop further....

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Really cute hat! How nice that you can make that up as you go along! Clever -the intarsia rib on the decrease...