Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Because Charleen was kind enough to ask, here's the draft for the placemats I showed last time. Like I said, I'm sure it's not a new pattern, but I did come up with it myself.



I like how it has diamonds of plainweave surrounded by the lattice of longer floats. (The warp threads run horizontally in this picture.)



I've also been spinning a bit. This is some Romney/Border Leicester wool that I got at the spin-in at the Fair in August. It was grown on San Juan Island, on the farm of one of my Textile Guild friends.



There's just something so honest about gray wool. Not sure what this is going to become, yet. It's a three-ply sportweight, so it will be knit, and with 740 yards, there's plenty for a shawl or hat and mittens. It's pretty soft, considering it's a Romney cross.

Nothing will happen with this yarn right away though; it's going into the stash to marinate for a while. I have to finish the urchin shawl (remember that?!) before I start any new knitting projects. My new goal is to have that done before the end of the year. Which means I should probably get going on it!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Oooo, this is interesting. I only wish I had an 8 shaft loom. I found your blog while surfing WeaveRing.

Charleen said...

Thanks, Sue. I can't wait to try it out. I love your denim rug too.