The dyeing turned out just as I had hoped (though these pictures were taken at 8:00pm and look a little muddy). The pattern turned out just as I had pictured when I first sat down to begin charting. The size is right on target for what I estimated when I decided how many rows to chart. It looks like a sea urchin, and the edging works with the body.
I can't believe I made this.
I love how the Print o' the Wave pattern in the edging looks like seaweed.
Resident three-year-old for scale:
- 298 g /~10.5 oz (~3750 meters/~4125 yards) Ornaghi Filati Merino Oro yarn, 40+ wraps per inch
- 1 24" US 2 Addi Turbo circular for the body, a US 2 double point for the edging
- 84" diameter while blocking, I expect it to relax a bit when the pins are removed
- original pattern
- There are 314,004 stitches in this shawl.
- It took approximately 200 hours to knit, probably another 20 or so to chart.
- There are 2.34 miles of yarn in this shawl.
- The edging alone consumed a full skein of yarn plus a bit.
Happy happy joy joy, HAPPY happy JOY, happy happy joy joy, happy happy JOY!