Friday, December 28, 2007

Another pair of fingerless mitts, this time a commission! The blue/purple pair I made for my co-worker went over really well, and she went around the office showing them off to people. One of the other women liked them so much that she asked if she could pay me to make pairs for her and her boyfriend; green for her, blue for him. Of course I said yes, so here's the first pair:



The yarn for the second pair is being dyed as I write, and will be knit this weekend. The green yarn is actually the darker green skein I dyed in October, overdyed to darken it up a bit and get some tonal variation. I really like the way it came out. When its knitted, it looks like green marble.

I also finished some mittens for me, using the leftover skein from making the original blue/purple fingerless mitts. I was a little worried that I would run out of yarn, but I actually had a bit left over.



They photographed a too little dark. The picture with the mitt pattern (in my sidebar) and other blog post linked above is a better representation of the color.

No comments: