Thursday, January 31, 2008

The silk I dyed Monday is spinning up beautifully. It's drafting like a dream, and I love watching the colors shift.



The white that was left in the center of the roving blended with the dyed parts when I drafted it out, and for the most part just toned down the color rather than making big white patches. I like it.

I tried and tried this afternoon to take an accurate picture of the singles, but this flyer-in-motion shot was the only one that came out remotely close to the true color. So the singles are blurred, but the colors are close. Plus, it's artsy!

I'm spinning this fine, probably 50-60 wpi, though I haven't measured it yet. I'm planning on a two-ply yarn, possibly to be used for weaving. I was originally going to ply this on itself, for a 2-oz finished skein, but as I type this, I have two more ounces of the roving soaking to dye tomorrow. I enjoyed spinning this so much that I'm going to make a 4-oz skein!

2 comments:

Laritza said...

Beautiful! Told ya!

Kris said...

Soooo pretty!