The grand totals, left to right:
- kiwi jam (6 half-pints)
- pear-lavender jam (6 half-pints)
- plum jam (36 half-pints)
- plum-orange jam (19 half-pints)
- chunky peach jam (12 half-pints)
- smooth peach jam (12 half-pints)
- plum-orange syrup (9 half-pints)
The kiwi jam was a spur of the moment idea, when I was in the grocery store getting pectin. I've never heard of kiwi jam, but the kiwis were on sale, and they're one of the few fruits Shaun will actually eat, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's really good. The little seeds are crunchy and it tastes very kiwi-y. Shaun hasn't tried it, so no verdict on that yet. (I just won't tell him I think it looks like frog eggs!) Emma and I like it, so it's a winner.
Yes, I think a round 100 jars of jam should hold us.