Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm having a really hard time concentrating, in my Friday afternoon post-lunch stupor, especially since I've been at work since 6:45 this morning. I'm supposed to be reviewing a permit application so that I can write a similar one. It's for a Regional General Permit Application, which means that it will cover a lot of similar projects, and is therefore written in - you guessed it - generalities. Sweeping statements about all foreseeable impacts and effects to protected fish species and waterways, as well as specific impacts from various construction methods and project types. It is very dense, wordy, and long.

I look at the words, I read the paragraphs, but all I hear in my head is sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Wha whaa wha whaaa wha wha.

I wonder if anyone would notice if I closed my office door and took a nap under my desk? TGIF.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I used to fantasise about setting up a little bedroom under my desk like George Costanza in an episode of Seinfied!

It was a very strong urge when I had morning sickness/insomnia :-)

PJ said...

Love hearing about your work! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one...think my 'cloudy' post touched upon it. LOVE your moss yarn-so glad it came out the way you wanted it plus your were on a roll..so to speak! To see all the baggies to seeing the knitted cable piece was exciting to see!