Sunday, March 05, 2017

An actual spinning post

I had a fun weekend, and went to a spinning group in Pendleton!  I even brought the BIG wheel!  Yes, it's a pain to lug around, but it's the wheel I love to spin on the most. 

And I do love it dearly even though we had a few hiccups at the beginning, during which it refused to have any take-up whatsoever even after I cleaned everything and oiled it and even put a new drive band on.  Turns out it was entirely my fault, because one of the wheel uprights had gotten slightly out of alignment during the trek over the mountain.  The wheel is a diva, but when everything is where it's supposed to be it spins like a joyous bird in flight.

This is New Hue Handspuns BamHuey "Doh! Doh! Bird."  It's very bright.  It's extremely bright.  It's even brighter than it looks in this picture.

New Hue Handspuns "Doh! Doh! Bird"

It's loud and cheerful and fun.  Emma has already claimed whatever yarn results, and has requested a scarfy-shawly thing.  Good thing I bought this fiber with her in mind.

New Hue Handspuns "Doh! Doh! Bird"

I got about half the fiber spun yesterday.  The color runs are fairly long, and I'll be chain-plying to keep the colors separate.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anne said...

What a fun weekend it was! I can't wait to see what that yarn becomes either...

Sump Pump Installation Kalamazoo said...

Great reading thhis