Friday, July 08, 2005

Well, as is typical, I got sidetracked from my plan of washing wool. It's been rainy for the past two days, so maybe that's why. The back deck is the best place for drying wool, and there's not much point in washing the wool if it's drizzly outside.

Instead, I have been working on finishing the doily I started on Sept. 22, 2004 (according to my blog). You think it's been waiting long enough?? I don't think it will take long to finish, since I'm using #30 thread for it (which feels like rope, after the sewing thread). This is the second time I've picked this up after crocheting with sewing thread. When I put it down last September, I had done 18 of 50 rounds. Last night I did another 13 rounds, finishing the pinwheel in the middle. The middle part will go fast, as it's mostly chain loops, and the bases of the pineapples. The outer edge will be a little fiddly, as the tip of each pineapple is worked separately back and forth. That means lots of ends to work in, but that's not such a big deal with the thicker thread.

Pictures tomorrow, of the doily as well as the behemoth we now have residing on the back deck.....

No comments: