Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ta Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Finished, after 58 hours and 15 minutes! Total size from tip to tip is 9 1/2 inches. I'm so happy with the way this came out.



The last round took 5 1/2 hours to do as well. Each of the little scallops along each point has two single crochets and four double crochets, and the loops at the tip of each point each have 13 double crochets in them. Time consuming, but not too bad.

As I was finishing up the last few rounds of this, I had the strangest feeling that the thread had gotten thicker. It just felt like normal crocheting. I knew that it hadn't changed, because I was using a continuous thread off the same spool, for heaven's sake. I found myself thinking that I need to find some thinner thread!

I think my next micro-crochet project will be this Daffodil Runner. It's been in the "to do" file for a while, and I think it's next up. I may not jump right in, though, since I want to do it in silk thread, and I need to scout around to find some. Plus I may do some wool-washing and carding first. I really need to finish washing that Merino fleece.

So, happy day, the doily is finished, washed, stretched, pinned, and dry. Now it's safely rolled up in tissue paper waiting for the fair.

8 comments:

Liz said...

It's so beautiful!
Is it "micro" because you think it's a small piece, or the thread is so fine?

A blue ribbon should be guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Definetly worth a blue ribbon and so much more!

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed - it's a work of art! Good luck at the fair (even though you won't need it).

Kris

waterlilysage said...

you are a force of nature. brava!

Anonymous said...

So intricate! Beautiful work!

CrazyFiberLady said...

It is absolutely beautiful. A job very well done!

Unknown said...

Blue ribbons, Gold medals, Trophy cups and praise galore should come your way. Incredible job.

Thanks for the link to the Daffodil. They are my most favorite flower.

Claire said...

Well Done!! It certainly looks like a show stopper :-) It must be a huge joy to have finished such an intricate project.