Another productive fibery weekend! But first, I'd like to thank everyone for their nice comments on the quilt from the last entry. I'd reply to you personally, but when Blogger emails me the comments, I mostly get "email@example.com" as the sending email address. So, unless you link to your blog, I can't reply. Just know that I really appreciate the comments. Shaun just says "Very nice" every time I show him a finished project. I don't think he really understands my obsessions. :-)
Anyway, here's what I did this weekend. First of all I did a few more rounds on the current doily.
This is one of the most confusing doily patterns I've done. I'm keeping notes as I go along, in case I ever want to make it again, and I'll probably email Christine with my clarifications in case she wants to put them up on her site. It's not so much that the directions are wrong, it's that they aren't clear. You have to be able to fill in the gaps yourself. Definitely not for a beginning crocheter.
I also had an attack of start-itis last night, and began a knitted lace stole/scarf. It's the "Children of Lir Rectangular Stole" from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. Not much to look at here:
But when you stretch it out a bit:
Lovely! This is knitted out of my own handspun, the 50% Merino/50% tussah silk laceweight that I was spinning last fall. This particular ball is 1.2 oz and 383 yards. It knits up lovely, and is incredibly stretchy. This is knitted on #2 (3.0 mm) Addi Turbo needles.
The pattern calls for sport-weight yarn, and says the stole blocks to 24" x 60". I'm using laceweight, so I think it will end up being closer to 16" than 24", but that's a good width for a filmy scarf.