Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lest you think I haven't been doing anything fibery at all in the recent past, here's a little project I did Wednesday night.



A thread crochet bookmark, done in #30 crochet thread (from the Thrift Store!) and a #11 hook. Super quick and a fun design. I'm normally not big on variegated crochet thread because I don't like the uneven striping and pooling it produces when worked in the round, like for a doily. In this design, though, I think it works and doesn't detract too much from the fan motif. I will definitely be making one for myself in white, though.

I think this pattern would also look nice as a band, around something like a basket or a straw hat. Never mind that I don't have a straw hat or that it would perhaps be excessivly girly for me. I just think it would look pretty. Perhaps with a floaty sundress. Walking on the beach. In Costa Rica. With my binoculars.

1 comment:

PJ said...

I need to be around YOUR thrift store! Crochet thread AND fantastic binoculars!!?? what finds! Like the look of your bookmark!