Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Things are slowly getting back to "normal." As normal as the next couple months can be, that is. We're moved into our temporary housing, thanks to a very good and kind friend who offered her cabin for the whole time we need it, until we leave the island.

As you can see, it really can't be beat.



It's one room, with no running water or electricity, but the location is spectacular. It's on the west side of the island, overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Haro Strait, and the Olympic Mountains. The whole front of the house is windows, looking out over the water.

Every morning, we've seen orca whales passing by. If you click to enlarge this picture, you can see the six-foot-tall dorsal fin of a large male to the right of the picture.



The first morning, I watched a pair of bald eagles catch a salmon and eat it on the rocks right in front of the cabin.



And of course, the sunsets are glorious.



I feel very lucky.

5 comments:

waterlilysage said...

are you KIDDING me??

ok, um, i no longer am feeling sympathetic and worried about you three for the next month of topsyturvy... lucky indeed.

Unknown said...

When can I come? I'm so jealous. I pulled my husband over to see the picture of the whale and the bald eagles. Of course ever the spoiled sport he announced we could never afford to live their even if their where jobs in his field. So out of couristy what will $200 to $300 thousand get me in housing and whales?

Liz said...

Yeah, the sympathetic meter just went waaay down. What great temporary housing!

gtr said...

What a great little spot to contemplate your transition! Best wishes!

Suz said...

OMG, I am so freakin' jealous!