Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Looky looky! Here they are, my new-to-me toys! We left Sunday night, stayed in a hotel in Olympia, drove to Portland Monday, and picked them up. Due to the incompetence of my bank, we had a bit of trouble getting the money out to pay for it, and so wasted a couple hours going back and forth with them. That meant that we missed the last ferry back on Monday night, and had to stay over on the mainland until Tuesday morning. But it all worked out and I got my wheel and loom!

First, is a Schacht Matchless single treadle wheel. Love it. See that full bobbin? That's what I did last night. It's such a smooth wheel, and easy to spin.



I used up all the wool I left out when I packed up. I think this bobbin holds nearly twice as much as an Ashford bobbin. Fabulous. It came with three bobbins, a niddy noddy, and two flyer whorls (total of four ratios: 8.5, 10, 11, and 13.5).

And here's the loom:



An eight harness Schacht Baby Wolf, 26" weaving width, with a TON of accessories. It came with a four-drawer dresser full of yarn and miscellaceous tools. Four single-bobbin boat shuttles, a double-bobbin boat shuttle, a ski shuttle, several stick shuttles, lots of extra bobbins, an 8-dent and a 15-dent reed, a 36" warping mill, a raddle, lease sticks, warp sticks, a bench, a swift, a bobbin winder, a ball winder, more than a dozen weaving books, and lots of extra heddles. And an inkle loom and a 4" square weavette loom, just for good measure.

I can't wait to get settled in Oregon, so I can play with this.

3 comments:

cyndy said...

Just catching up on what you have been doing and WOW! Everything looks fabulous! Enjoy!

Charleen said...

Congratulations! No more wool with you, huh? Guess that means you'll have to buy more :-)

The Baby Wolf is beautiful. I bet you can't wait to be settled and working with it.

vanessa said...

nic haul! love your warping board solution :-) and your view in breathtaking!