Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thought I'd pop in for a quick update on the chaos that is my life this week:

1. MOVING: Packing proceeds apace. Shaun is finally helping. We have three more days until closing, but only two until the furniture has to be out so the carpet can be cleaned.

2. HEALTH: I babysit for two boys, age 7 and 5. Here's how our last month looked.
  • Four weeks ago, Kai (7-year-old) was sick with a fever and respiratory virus.
  • Three and a half weeks ago, Nik (5-year-old) was diagnosed with mononucleosis after being cranky, low-grade-feverish, and out of sorts for a couple weeks. Emma comes down with a fever and respiratory virus.
  • Three weeks ago, Nik was sick with a fever and respiratory virus (on top of the mono). Kai and Emma are recovered at this point.
  • Two weeks ago, Nik is mostly over the virus and asymptomatic on the mono. Kai comes down with another fever and vomiting and respiratory virus.
  • Last week, Kai is over the virus again. Emma comes down with a fever and respiratory virus.
  • Last Sunday, Emma is well. Kai is well. Nik is well. I come down with a 104F fever and respiratory virus.
  • Today, I think I am finally getting better. All kids are still well. Perhaps the cycle has run its course? One can only hope.
Needless to say, this has made packing less than fun. I was so tired on Sunday night that I went to bed at 8:00 pm and didn't get up until 8:00 am. I can't even remember the last time I slept that long.

3. KNITTING: Progress has been stalled on the urchin shawl since Sunday (see #2 above.) I am now 9 rows behind my schedule. I'm trying very hard not to be too disappointed in myself for probably not finishing this in time for the Fair.

4. CROCHETING: The daffodil filet piece needs to be re-blocked. When I unpinned it from the blocking board, I put it down on the ironing board. Unfortunately, the ironing board was still slightly damp from steam pressing another project. This caused the filet piece to unblock a bit and shrink unevenly as it drank up some moisture. I thought I could live with it, but it turns out I can't. Back to the pins I go.

I'll be so glad when this week is over and the packing and moving are done.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

does not sound like a fun week...
hope your boys feel better soon!

Charleen said...

Just what you need when you're already bogged down in packing. I hope everyone stays healthy.

A loom!! Whoppee!