Saturday, October 28, 2006

I did six (SIX!!) rounds of the urchin shawl yesterday. How this happened, I don't know, because that means that I knit for approximately five hours and I have no idea where that time came from. But appparently the time was there, because my chart now shows I'm on round 241.

Instead of showing the lace blob yet again (just picture it looking slightly blobbier), I'll leave you with this...



This is taken from the flank of Mt. Harris, looking south over the Grande Ronde River valley along the edge of the Wallowa Mountains. I live in that valley, out of the picture to the right, and I can see that steep face of the Wallowas from my kitchen window.

If you drive on the Forest Service road up to the ridgeline of those hills and look east, you see this:



This is looking out over the Minam River valley and the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest, to the next three layers of mountains in the Wallowa Range. They're sort of like a series of folds running northwest/southeast, with each successive fold getting higher. The highest peaks approach 10,000 feet.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow. You need another tag for "gorgeous scenery". So different from your island life, but equally lovely.

Did Emma have to entertain herself for FIVE hours? ;)