Friday, November 10, 2006

Making great progress on the shawl- I'm up to round 274! This two-row-a-day thing is really working (though I've exceeded that goal recently, and have done ten rounds in three days!) Only 18 rounds left...

Other random thoughts: I love having a clothesline again. I had one in North Carolina, but the past five years in Washington, I didn't. There's really nothing that compares to line-dried sheets.



Haven't used a dryer since the last laundromat visit on Sept. 24, before the movers brought our washing machine, and am loving it.

2 comments:

cyndy said...

I cannot even imagine doing 274 rounds! Maybe someday....

I agree with you about the clothesline...I have not owned a dryer in 12 years...and I only miss it when I have a week of rain in the summer! Between the outside line, and indoor racks near the stove, I am quite happy. Sure it's a little more work, and I use my share of fabric softener...but there is also something calming about the task.

PJ said...

the simplicity in it is awesome.