Thursday, November 09, 2006

Well, what do I see here?



SNOW! This is the closest we've come yet this fall to getting the white stuff at our new home in Oregon. The tops of the hills all around have a dusting this morning, though down in the town we just had rain. This hill is the beginning of the Blue Mountains (west of town), pretty much behind our house.

After taking Shaun to work this morning so we could have the car and go grocery shopping later, Emma and I decided to drive around a bit and see the pretty scenery. We drove up a dirt road we haven't explored yet, and it was indeed very pretty.



This road is off one of my favorite bird routes that I discovered the first week we were here. On the way back to town, I saw a new bird for my list- Snow Buntings! This is the second new species I've seen this week; I also saw a Northern Shrike on Nov. 4. The bird list is now up to 396!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty.

There is a dusting of snow on the Cascades.... but nothin' but rain in Enumclaw!

Unknown said...

Boy Sue you live in some pretty places. jealous that me.