Thursday, January 11, 2007

I finished spinning the last of the purple merino/silk "top" last night. This fiber was definitely not top-like. Very hard to draft in spots. The silk was tangled in spots and clumpy, like it didn't get completely processed, and the merino and silk weren't very well blended. Where it was good, it was very very good, but where it was bad.....

Anyway, here's the finished bobbin.

I discovered that 100 g of fiber fills a Schacht bobbin nicely. Love the way the uneven dye job made swirly multi-tone singles. I'm going to wait until after I spin up the Sapphire roving to decide whether I want to ply them together, as I originally planned, or do each separately.

No comments: