- Emma and I are back from Maine. The return flights were nicely on time and boring, despite going through Chicago again. It was nice to revisit all our old haunts in Chicago's O'Hare airport. (Not.) They hadn't made much progress on the construction zones in a month and a half.
- Kiri is stalled where I left off in the airport. I think I have 17 layers of leaves done. I haven't even pulled it out since I've been home.
- I spun for half an hour yesterday. Still working on the Sapphire merino/silk. I put the wheel away because I wasn't into it.
- I wove for half an hour today. I have about a repeat and a half of the huck lace left to do, then I'll be finished with the third stole and at the end of the warp. I put the shuttle away because I wasn't into it.
- I have spent the past two days doing (Shaun's) laundry and cleaning my house. It's really great to be home and with Shaun, but I swear, in the 13 years (!!!) we've been together, I have never known him to clean a bathroom. His tolerance for surface grime and laundry piles is astounding. He did clean the kitchen, pick up, and vacuum before I got home.
She's a pretty old dog, 13 years. She has been a part of Shaun's and my shared life since the very beginning. I don't know if I can face what I think is coming.