Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Panda Cory Show is still going full force. I have now released three babies into the big tank, to make room for all the babies still in the fry tank. The oldest baby now in the big tank is 13 weeks old, and is rapidly approaching the adults in size. The next oldest is 10 weeks, and the smallest is about 8-9 weeks. I still have ~20 fry in the fry tank, growing like crazy. By the time we get back to La Grande, there should be two or three more at release size. However, I may not have to put them in the big tank. Yesterday I found this at the Thrift Store:



Have I mentioned how much I love the thrift store here on the island? It's a 2.5 gallon glass tank, for only $3. New, they run about $13-15, and this one is is in near-perfect condition (one 1/2" scratch). The fry look so much happier with all that room.

This is the tank size I was actually looking for when I went to get a fry tank, but no place in La Grande had one. The smallest I could find was 10 gallons, and that was way bigger than I wanted to go. The nano-filter I had on the smaller tank works just fine on the new tank, and so does the heater, so now I'm all set.

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all these panda cories as they grow up. The big tank is pretty much maxed out in terms of fish capacity. It's just so fun to watch the fry grow up.

Still not thinking about a bigger tank, no no no....

No comments: