Monday, December 31, 2007

Is it really so wrong that all I want to do on New Year's Eve is just stay home?

I am not, and never have been, a party person. And come to think of it, what's the big deal about New Year's anyway? Yes, yes, reflection on the past year, anticipation of the new. Blah blah blah. I can do that at home, without being in a noisy crowded room.

We have an invitation to a party at a fancy expensive restaurant, from one of Shaun's fellow professors, and an invite to a party at my boss's house, which I really should attend.

I'm having a grumpy day.

On the bright side, though, I made 1 1/2 pairs of fingerless mitts yesterday.



This is the blue pair that, along with the green pair, was a commission from a coworker. This pair is slightly larger, since they're for a man. I upped the stitch count to 40 instead of 36, made the thumb two stitches bigger, and made the cuffs and palms a couple rows longer. I also started another pair in the woman's size from the rest of this skein, and will finish the second mitt tonight. This second blue pair will be going in my shop.

When I was delivering the green and blue mitts today, the friend who received the original blue-purple pair saw the green ones and immediately requested a pair to keep at home, so I'll be making those tomorrow.

I'm going to go to the gym and work out now, and hopefully become less grumpy before all these parties.

3 comments:

PJ said...

nope not a party person either...my type of fun is a good show on tv and some coffee and reading some blogs....like I told one of my blog friends that did a meme saying her favorite book is Knitting in America..it's mine, too and I think I'm pulling it out tonight just to mull through it as the hours go by. Happy New Year and I just know your exercise will do some good. :) Your an inspiration to me!

Leigh said...

Well, personally I never could understand all the fuss about partying on the last day of the year. (Nor about new year's resolutions). I agree about a nice quite evening at home!

Happy New Year!

Kris said...

I don't mind hanging out with friends on New Years Eve because our friends are pretty casual type folks. But other than that I prefer to stay home.

If it makes you feel any better. Dana and I spent the evening working. We had a lot to do in the shop and it just seemed like the perfect time to do so! Yep... we're lame.