Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've been busy doing fibery things the past few days, but the biggest project is one I can't blog about. Once it's finished and in its new home I'll post about it, but for now, it must remain cloaked in the deepest mystery.

I can show you this, however:



Another pile of contract spinning, the first batch they sent me with COLOR. Total of 30 oz of two different hand dyed colorways of some kind of medium-fine-ish wool, very nice to spin after loosening up the roving a bit. I got on a roll this afternoon, and spun all four balls of turquoise on the left this afternoon! Eight ounces in one afternoon! I should be able to get another ball or two spun this evening as well. It would be great if I could get all four remaining balls of roving spun this evening, so I could mail the box tomorrow morning before we head out of town for the weekend, but I don't know if that is realistic.

In other news, I have an exercise update. It has now been four months since I joined the gym and started going to spin (bike) class. Where am I now? Happy!

I'm still going to class 3x per week, and enjoying it. I got a pair of padded bike shorts last week, and yesterday bought myself a pair of real bike shoes. I feel very official now, and the shoes especially make a HUGE difference in comfort and power when riding. The soles on bike shoes are very stiff, and support your foot much better than sneakers. My sneakers/running shoes tended to allow my foot to "fold" around the pedal at the arch, which made my feet ache, and sometimes the ache translated up my legs all the way to my back. Not good, but I think the proper shoes will prevent this (it did last night, the first time I wore them). I was not willing to shell out the $100+ that bike shoes usually cost (yikes!), but the local bike shop had this pair at 50% off, so that was a little more reasonable.

So, still exercising, and I've also made some effort to improve my diet. The food part has been less successful since I live with a picky (and somewhat anti-vegetable) eater, but even with just exercising and being aware of portion size, I have lost 11 pounds! And all my pants are loose! Yay!

3 comments:

PJ said...

Awesome..congrats on your hard work! Your mystery is intriquing!

cyndy said...

Good job!
You have been very productive!

Anonymous said...

oooh. did we receive the mystery in the mail yesterday?