Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Emma was in a right state yesterday when I picked her up from daycare at noon. I could tell that she was tired and hungry and hot. She cried and whined the whole time we were biking home, that her legs were tired and she wanted to just watch a movie.

Now, I was tired and hungry and hot as well. I was in no mood to deal with a tantrum. I announced that we were both having Quiet Time as soon as we had eaten lunch. That, of course, sparked a whole new level of hysterics.

We got home, I made quesadillas for lunch, and Emma disappeared into the living room while I was cleaning up. Things got very quiet.

About five minutes later, she appeared dressed in her pink princess dress and took my hand. She said she "had a message for me in the living room."



I had to laugh. All my grumpiness and irritation - immediately gone. Poof. Evaporated.

Can you see the message?



The girl is clever. My code word "Quiet Time" has definitely been cracked.

5 comments:

Caroline M said...

I always know when "we" have not slept well, my normally good humoured child is replaced with Mr Angry. Sadly nap time is a thing long gone, we just have to work around the short fuse until bedtime.

Smart girl - laughter usually cools off the situation.

PJ said...

Oh THAT is so funny on all different levels! THIS is why we have kids...to get over ourselves ;) priceless!

Kris said...

That's hilarious! I dread the day when Anna Grace figures out the secret behind me telling her "you don't have to sleep. You just have to lie here very quiet and see how many sounds you can hear...but no sleeping!". She zonks out in no time but I think my days are numbered for that trick.

Charleen said...

I love it! I can't believe how big Emma is. Funny, I feel like I've watched her grow, yet I'm still surprised!

froggiemeanie said...

That's awesome. Truly awesome. What a smartie pants you have there!