I made the first pair last night, the white ones with green/blue/purple beads on the top right. Then I made the other two pairs tonight, one for me (teal) and one for Emma (white with transparent green beads).
It's a badly glare-ridden picture, sorry. It was already dark out and I was trying to get a good picture with my task light.
The teal is #80 tatting cotton, more stash from my grandma, and the white is cheap #30 crochet thread, probably from Walmart or a thrift store. The beads are 11/0 seed beads. The pattern is free on the internet, here.
The quality of the thread makes a huge difference in the ease of tatting. The white thread is fuzzy and rough, and is hard to pull through the stitches to close the rings. The #80 thread, despite being smaller and harder to count the stitches, is infinitely easier to use since I don't have to coax it along. It doesn't matter so much for crochet, but for tatting you really need a nice smooth thread. I'm going to stash the Coats thread back in the closet and pull out a ball of DMC Cebelia, which is much higher quality.
I'm having so much fun!