Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Tomatoes on the way!

Remember last year, when I waited F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to get tomatoes?  I didn't get the first ripe one until mid-July.

This year, though, I planned ahead better.  I started my seeds earlier, in mid-February instead of mid-April.  I'm a slacker, though.  I still haven't planted them in the ground, but hey, at least they got potted up into six inch pots. I was afraid to put them in the ground too early for fear of frost.  With the pots, I can bring them back inside if it gets too cold.  Yet here we are, with no danger of frost for at least the past couple weeks, and suddenly it's June.  How did that happen?

Anyway, today I noticed this...

First baby 'maters, Sungold cherry.

Sungold cherry tomatoes!  Almost ready!  In June!

Three and a half months from seed to fruit.  I like it.

No comments: