Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Inside and outside

Inside my house, the Gastrochilus somai orchid is blooming!

IMG_2441

Each flower is about half an inch tall, and both spikes are covered in flowers.  These have been open for two weeks now, and are so pretty.  I love their sweet lemony fragrance.

IMG_2427

Outside my house, things have taken a definite turn toward fall.

IMG_2417

The trees are at about peak color right now and I really need to get out and take some whole-tree shots, because wow.  Seems like they are extra bright this year.

IMG_2416

Also, this happened on Monday.  First snow on top of Mt Emily, just north of La Grande,

Mt. Emily, La Grande, Oregon

And first snow on the Wallowa Mountains just east of La Grande.

Mt. Fanny, La Grande, OR

I was out for work today, south of la Grande in the Baker Valley, and took this picture of the stunning Elkhorn Mountains.  They got a lot of snow over the past couple days!

Elkhorn Mountains, Baker County, Oregon

The company car I drove today had beautiful frost on the windows this morning.

IMG_2459


IMG_2460


IMG_2461

IMG_2462

No comments: