Monday, December 19, 2016

Amaryllis 3 and 4

My third amaryllis for the year is called Candy Floss.  This is a new bulb for me, and I'm quite pleased with it.

Candy Floss amaryllis

It's a very vibrant pink, with pretty streaks.  There are two scapes, and the second should be about ready to open just when the first is done. Nice!

The fourth amaryllis is a re-bloom from last season, Blossom Peacock.  This is quite a different bloom from what it did before.  Last time it was much streakier and darker, as seen in June

Blossom Peacock amaryllis

I'm not sure why it's so much lighter this time around, but possibly because it's been less than six months since it bloomed and the scape formed when it was still warm.  I dunno, but it's still pretty and has the same fragrance as last time.

Last but not least, here's a no-ID Thanksgiving cactus blooming, a very pretty white blushed with shell pink.

Thanksgiving cactus NOID white

No comments: