Tuesday, June 13, 2017

White slipper

Here's another pretty one, Paphiopedilum Greyi.  This is a tropical slipper orchid, and is a primary hybrid of Paph. godefroyae and Paph. niveum, both native to the Thailand/Malaysia area.

Paphiopedilum Greyi

This is a relatively new plant for me, and when I got it about three months ago it came with an itty-bitty bud in the center of the leaf fan.  So I can't technically take credit for the flower, but I can take credit for keeping it going until it bloomed.

Paphiopedilum Greyi

It's so pretty, with the delicate red stippling on the pouch and in the center.

Paphiopedilum Greyi

Plus, this is a nice compact plant.  That's a 2" pot, the widest leafspan is only about 10", and the flower itself is about 2.5" across.  I'm running out of room, so compact is good.

No comments: