Thursday, September 30, 2004

Yesterday was a very long and complicated day. I babysat 11:30 to 12:30, then worked 12:30 to 1:30. During that time I fed the flies and mixed up 3 liters of agar solutions. Then I babysat 1:30 to 4:00. I thought Shaun had to catch the 4:15 ferry, so I went running around looking for him. Turns out that he changed his plans and was going to fly to Seattle instead of driving, then rent a car there and drive to Portland, so he didn't need a ride to the airport until 5:00. So I went back and babysat 4:15 to 5:00, then drove Shaun to the airport, then back to the lab to borrow a computer for the Textile Guild meeting (was going to use Shaun's, but obviously I couldn't if it's on its way to Portland.) I was going to pour the agar plates before the Textile Guild meeting, but there wasn't enough time, so Emma and I just went to get set up at the library.

So I was going to have a nice relaxed Textile Guild meeting this time. Shaun was going to take Emma, I was going to use his computer for the slide presentation, and I knew that the digital projector worked with the computer. However, Shaun had to go to Portland. So I borrowed a computer, which is a Mac, not a PC (urg). I get to to library, and the CD with the slides works fine in the computer (yay!), but the computer won't play nice and communicate with the projector. So instead of being able to watch a nice clear slideshow on the 4' x 5' screen, we had to squint and strain to see the computer screen. Meanwhile, Emma is very overtired, and crying because it's way past bedtime. I have a splitting headache, I haven't had dinner, and all I really want to do is tell people to just go home because I can't deal with all this.

Anyway, the slideshow was good, but no one could see it. Show and Tell was fun, and I got to show off my weaving and knitting. Finally the meeting was over. Time to go home, hooray.

Except that it isn't, not for me. I have to go back to lab and finish pouring those stupid plates. Emma and I don't get home until 10:30. At least Emma slept in her stroller while I poured the plates, lucky girl.

Finally I got home and could crawl into bed.

No comments: