Thursday, December 22, 2005

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been in a fibery/blogging/creative slump. Full of holiday non-cheer. I've had all these ideas that I think "I want to put that on my blog" but it seems like a lot of work and I never seem to get to it. We don't have internet access at home, so the only time I have online is during the day at the lab. (Which actually is fine, because there's usually some down time while I'm waiting for the autoclave to finish or something, and that way we don't have to pay for our internet and we get a blazing-fast connection.)

I also haven't been doing much except crocheting snowflakes the past three weeks anyway, and seriously, how many pictures of snowflakes do I really need to post? Suffice it to say that there have been a lot. BUT, I am now CAUGHT UP on orders! I have had three blissfully snowflake-free evenings this week, and actually got some spinning done. I finished spinning the green multicolored Colonial top (that I started spinning here), bringing the total bobbins of singles to five. I plied more than half of it into a lovely soft three-ply last night. Tonight I'll finish plying, and will hopefully get to post some pictures.

I guess the other reason that I haven't posted much recently is that my dad is visiting again, and once again, there's excessive cleaning, litterbox scooping, cooking, and stressing. I had just about recovered from having him here in October, and here he is again. Naturally, even thinking that thought makes me feel like a horrible person. I mean, of COURSE I don't want him to sit in his house in Maine alone, having the first Christmas without Mom all by himself, but I wish...what? That he hadn't come? No. That we could have gone to Maine? No, because then we would ALL have been in the house without Mom.

That the car accident had never happened and Mom was still alive?

Yes.

4 comments:

Charleen said...

Sue, the first Christmas is hard no matter where you are and who is with you. There's not much you can do but get through those firsts and start healing.

Liz said...

I'll be thinking of you and your family this Christmas, Sue. Charleen is right, you just need to "get through it" the best you can, and as hard as it may seem. Peaceful thoughts to you.

waterlilysage said...

i'm with you.

plus you should really plan to come stay with us next year in this theoretical house we're going to acquire.

really, because i enjoy at least the cooking part of things.

and yes. i miss mom. make emma give you a hug from me, k?

Anonymous said...

I know this Christmas in particular will be quite hard for you and your family. I'm praying it goes as good as it can. Sorry you're stressed with your dad being there but I know he is probably so grateful to be with y'all right now. Give yourself a break and give yourself some credit, too. I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job at everything and maybe just need to relax a smidge.