Monday, March 06, 2006

Quick post, since I have to go babysit. I managed to get lots of the To-Do list from the last post finished. I started washing the carpet (buying that steam cleaner three years ago was one of the best purchases we ever made, by the way), but only did the two bedrooms since there isn't any paint touch-up to be done in there.

All that's left is:

Sand, spackle, and repaint the cracks above the propane heater.
Dust everything. (can't do this until after sanding)
Touch-up paint as needed throughout the house. (can't do this until after dusting)
Finish washing the carpet. (can't do this until after painting)
De-clutter the garage.
Make sure the fridge is presentable. Wipe down its shelves.
Wipe down the pantry shelves.
Make sure the area under the kitchen sink is presentable.
Finish the deck.
Take a load of outgrown clothes, toys, and miscellania to the thrift shop.

My house is looking fabulous. I love it even more, and wish we weren't moving. Enough of that. I, for one, am sick of looking at lists of chores.

On Saturday, I got to meet Kris! She and her husband and daughter came up to San Juan Island for a weekend vacation, and we met up for a couple hours to say hi. It was really neat to meet a blogger in person. And can I just say- Her daughter is so cute! We initially met at the beach, but it was really windy and cold, so we went to the playground instead, which was much better. Emma and Anna Grace had fun playing (though at this age, there wasn't really much playing together, just near each other...), and Kris and I chatted. Fun!


Kris, Anna Grace, me, Emma

I'll close for now with pictures from the latest installments of "Adventures in Toddlerland." Remember the time last March when Emma hid the TV remote? Well, apparently March is the month to do this. Luckily, it was only lost for 12 hours or so this time, before Shaun found it.



Carefully tucked inside the back of the couch. And this morning, I came across this in the hallway:



I felt a little bad about stopping to take a picture, instead of talking sternly to her about not drawing on the walls. But it was her very first time doing this, after all, and I felt it needed documentation. She did get the talk, and had to clean it up herself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My, but Emma looks proud of her creation on the wall! I'm sure it was difficult at the moment to decide whether to be amused or whether to play the parent.