Saturday, April 28, 2007

Oh my goodness!! LOOK!!!



The eggs hatched! Three so far, and the fourth looks very promising. I can see the little larva wiggling around inside! I can't figure this out, because as recently as this morning, none of the eggs looked like they were developing- I couldn't see the dark spot of a larva at all. Then some time between noon and 7:30 pm, three little fish appeared!

They are so cute! About 1/8" long, with delicate transparent fins, tiny little eyes, and a big yolk sac.



And just because I can, here's a video clip:



I'm so excited that they hatched!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. That's very cool.

Kris
http://knittingwannabe.typepad.com

Cathy said...

Oh, so cool. Reminds me of the cichlid babies we used to raise. Always a thrill to see the little faces. And love the photo of you spinning and Emma blowing buttons - what a fab picture!

Suz said...

Yay hatchlings!

I love the video, that's so cool.