In an effort to distract myself from the interview on Monday, I sleyed, threaded, beamed and started weaving on the warp I wound last week. This is 3 yards of Jaggerspun Zephyr again, for a shawl. I made this one a bit wider, almost 25" in the reed, to accommodate the pattern I doodled up on WinWeave.
It's 8 harnesses and 8 treadles, 25 epi, in a fancy twill. I like it! The weft is the handdyed Sapphire merino/silk singles I spun in April. The purple singles were such a success in the bird's eye shawl that I decided to use the blue batch the same way.
I like working with fine yarns, but man, does it take a long time to sley and thread 621 ends!
Every time I put a warp on, I learn something new. This time it was how to add a heddle and a warp end, into the middle of the piece, AFTER weaving has commenced. Grr. I discovered that I had missed a single thread after I had woven one repeat. It was fairly obvious in its disruption of the pattern block (at the left edge of one of the white blocks enclosed by the white line).
So I carefully cut open the ends of a heddle, added it to the proper place on the proper harness, threaded a three-yard piece of Zephyr through the heddle and reed, and needle-wove it into the one repeat that was already woven. Tied onto the front apron rod, hung the other end over the back beam with a weight, and then I was finally good to go. What a pain. But now I know I can do it.