Saturday, April 25, 2009

Today was another milestone for the green aran sweater:



The singles are all spun. It was a sad moment when the last bit of the last batt passed through my fingers onto the bobbin.



So where am I in the process? Probably about a third of the way.
  • wash
  • sort
  • dye
  • pick
  • card individual colors
  • divide for blended batts
  • card twice for blending
  • spin
  • ply
  • wash
  • swatch
  • design a cabled sweater
  • knit
Those last two steps will take a while. I have enjoyed every step of this project so far. Now, on to plying!

6 comments:

Caroline M said...

I like plying, it's my favourite part of the process but I'm not sure that I like it to the extent that you'll be doing it.

Laritza said...

I like the green. How much in weight do you have? I know yardage is not possible to know at this stage. It looks very nice!

cyndy said...

I appreciate your organization!!

Lovely to see a check list with all that yardage--

--you wouldn't be a process person would you?

froggiemeanie said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Charleen said...

Gorgeous, Sue! All those lovely green singles are a beautiful sight. Are you able to keep tension on your toilet paper spools or do you rewind?

Carolyn said...

What a feat!
Can't wait to see how it turns out!